From the beginning we have dedicated ourselves to the ongoing training and education of not only the worldwide Smaart user base, but of the audio industry as a whole.
Our commitment to education applies not only to existing industry professionals, but also to the next generation of “sound guys & gals” on the horizon. By giving students access to the programs and technologies that they will encounter in the real-world, we can help them enter the marketplace better educated and better prepared. To support this end, we have created the Smaart Educational Partnership Program for colleges, universities and accredited audio training programs who either engage in the direct instruction of the Smaart platform itself or who incorporate Smaart as a teaching tool into the curriculum for other audio-related programs.
The Smaart Educational Partnership Program allows partner institutions access to deeply discounted pricing for multi-install licenses of Smaart in order to outfit entire computer and/or audio labs with the program. In addition, partner institutions are granted access to portions of Rational Acoustics training materials for use in support of their own curriculum. And faculty, staff and currently-enrolled students at partner institutions can purchase discounted individual licenses of the software for their personal use.
Enrolling in the Smaart Educational Partnership program gives your institution access to the following benefits:
1. Ability to purchase a Smaart Educational Multi-Install License (EML) for Smaart Software.
2. Access to Smaart educational materials
3. Special pricing on personal licenses for faculty and currently enrolled students
4. The right to use Smaart software logos in course and educational program descriptions.
Educational Multi-Install Licenses (EML):
- Smaart EML’s are configured in 10-install increments (minimum 10)
- The price for a Smaart v8 EML is $1,250 (or UK equivalent +VAT) per 10 installs
- The price for a Smaart Di2 EML is $950 (or UK equivalent +VAT) per 10 installs
- Program/Department must sign an EML License Agreement prior to delivery of an EML.
- EML License may be installed on any/all institution-owned computers within the registered program / dept.
- Software under an EML may NOT be installed on student or faculty personal computers.
Smaart Educational Partners have access to Rational Acoustics training materials, which include Powerpoint presentations used in Rational Acoustics classes. Educational Partners may use all or part of these training materials only as part of course materials required for an instructor-supervised class offered by the Partner’s educational institution. These materials may not be distributed publicly via printed or electronic means.
All software, training materials, product manuals and help files for EML’s shall be made available to the Educational Partner in electronic format upon request.
Faculty and Student Software Pricing:
Once an EML has been purchased by an Educational Partner institution, currently enrolled students and faculty may then purchase individual licenses of Smaart software for their own use at half (50%) of published list price. Enrollment verification is required for students via the Educational Partnership Enrollment Verification Form.
Upgrading From a Previous Version EML:
Because of the deeply discounted pricing for Smaart EMLs, we do not offer upgrades on these licenses. If your institution is currently enrolled in the Smaart Educational Partnership program with a Smaart v.7 EML and you would like to move to Smaart v8 you will need to sign a new EML licensing agreement for v8 and pay for a new 10-install v8 EML (see pricing above).
For more information, or to enroll your institution as a Smaart Educational Partner please contact us on 03302 234754 or firstname.lastname@example.org